Post by Faith Reboot’s Marietta Taylor www.mariettataylor.net)
Every day right? Yeah, me either.
We are all busy. But there should never be a time when we say “But I don’t have time to pray or read the Bible.” God is important. No matter what we have going on in our lives, we have to find a way to make time for God. We. Have. To.
So, you are probably saying, “Well then if you have all the answers, how do I make time?” (First, I don’t have all the answers, otherwise I’d be God! Ha!) However, I do have five (5) easy suggestions that will help you spend more time with God. I use them myself.
5 Easy Suggestions to Help You Spend More Time with God
1. Five minutes – Set a timer for five minutes. Spend that time either praying or reading the Bible. Five minutes isn’t a lot but it is better than zero. The beautiful part about this is that if you have more time you can always rest the timer and keep praying or reading.
2. One at a time – Write once verse on a note card each day. That takes very little time. You can carry that verse with you in your pocket or purse and pull it throughout the day to look at it, reread it, pray it or meditate on it. So what takes minimal time to start, is really a gift that keeps on giving.
3. Audio please – Listen to the audio version of the Bible. You Version is free and offers audio. You can listen the Word while you get ready in the morning, cook dinner or wash dishes.
4. Sandwich anyone? – Begin and end your day with worship music. There is nothing like starting your day with praising God. And it’s equally as nice to end it with worship. From personal experience, often you will “find” time for at least one extra song.
5. Build on it – Begin writing a short prayer. It can be as short as two to three lines. Now whenever you have a few moments, add to the prayer. Do this over a few days. On a day when you know your schedule will allow a little more time, close out your prayer. Then read the prayer back to God. Save these prayers to go back to time and time again. Prayers never grow old.
When you have the time to sit and visit with the Lord for a while, take full advantage. But when life is overwhelming and your time seems limited, use these ideas to stay in touch with the One who longs for you more than anyone else.
Do you have any tips or ideas for finding time for God? Please share in the comments or stop by my blog at www.mariettataylor.net .