There are times it’s simple, uncomplicated.
It is easy to be a Jesus girl when God answered the prayer request just the way you wanted. It’s natural to lean heavy on him when the heartache makes “Jesus, help me!” the only logical reaction.
When we hit a life transition… The packing of boxes, sawdust from remodeling or filling out job applications… These are the times we most often struggle.
3 Reasons We Struggle Spiritually During Transitions
1. Too slow? It’s perhaps hardest to press into the Lord when our preferred pace is not His pace. I know for me when God has taken a long time to answer a prayer I have questioned whether He was listening or if my prayers were doing any good. My prayers because rote and passionless. (I write this to myself as much as anyone else- God’s pace is not ours!) It’s been said, when God moves he moves FAST. It’s just often the waiting for God’s movement is slow- within our finite concept of time.
Psalm 90:4 states, “For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.”
1Timothy 6:6-8 says, “But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.”
John Piper once wrote, “Our first obligation is to show God’s value by being satisfied with all that He is for us. This is the essence of loving God.” I would like to add being satisfied with the life He gives us (including stressful transitions) is also a way to show our love for God- in the form of trusting Him when we don’t see the whole picture.
6 Ways to Lean into God During Transitions
- Open up freely about the problem with church friends
- Ask God for wisdom and for more of Him- more than a situation fix
- Make God time a priority before tackling the to-dos (makes them feel more manageable)
- Talk to your kids about their feelings regarding the transition and share your own, then pray together
- Challenge yourself to look for a “God Thing” every day to see His active involvement in your life
- Talk as a family about how God was with you during previous transitions- to help remind you of God’s faithfulness
What to learn how to use Biblical Meditation to help you during your transition? Start here
What transition are you going through and how can I pray for YOU personally?